Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bee Kissed

"Kiss me, you fool!"

Boy, do I love me some lotion! Every day, I have to moisturize my entire body. After showers, after the beach, the pool, before going out, at night. Really, all the time. I think I have become somewhat OCD about it. But, with dry skin like mine, it's a necessity. So with this, I need a delicious smelling lotion.




I have tried all types out there; St. Ives, Jergens, Bath and Body Works, Neutrogena, Eucerin, Cetaphil etc. I could go on and on. Walgreens carries a yummy, thick body butter, a melon and papaya blend, which I wore religiously in Australia. But there is one brand to which I have remained a faithful and loyal follower: Kiss My Face, Peaches and Creme Ultra Moisturizer for $11.95.




In 7th grade, I lived down the block from Nature's in NE. Any lifelong Portlander will remember Nature's. Imagine Whole Foods and New Season's combined. I lived for the days my mother and I walked up the neighborhood to Nature's, while she shopped for groceries, and I wandered up and down the Organic Beauty isle. This is the year I found Kiss My Face in the peach scent. Holy cow, I was hooked. I wore it, literally, all summer long.



Many of you may think, why would I spend $12 on body lotion? The reason: this lotion is all natural, safe and gentle for any skin type. The alpha hydroxy acids gently unblock your pores while naturally exfoliating. The peach extracts are extra soothing and the shea butter moisturizes and helps retain skins elasticity. The product contains no animal ingredients, artificial colors, unnecessary chemicals and is not tested on animals. It goes on light and absorbs quickly, without leaving a heavy film on your skin, which is my pet peeve (one of many).



So when I am able to splurge, I go for Kiss My Face. Not only do I cherish the scent, I can't help but laugh and smile when I am brought back to my 7th grade summer. It warms my heart.

So love, live and bee kissed!

Happy summer.

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment