Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Guilt Free Beauty Steals

It's hot, I'm sitting in a wet bathing suit, and yet, I wanted to finish my blog regarding Walgreens, The Mothership.

You may not be convinced about Walgreens, and maybe you don't really care to walk into a Walgreens, and so be it. However, for those adventerous ones who wish to learn some of my beauty steals, here they are, so take notes.

Physicians Formula, Shimmer Strip $12.95
Perfect for summer! What is great about this product is that it can multi-task. We've all gotta love multi-taskers and this is the best bang for your buck! It comes in a variety of shades that will match your skin tone and doubles up as eye shadow and bronzer for your cheeks. Brightens any dull skin and is absolutely beautiful. My best friend is hooked. Truly an essential for summer. But note to readers: it is quite shimmery, so for those who do not wish to glisten like fairy dust, I would suggest finding a more muted bronzer, which Physicians Formula carries in all shades.

Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother, $6.99


Kiss me with those lips! This lip shine is insanely smooth, glossy and even has SPF 20. It contains cucumber and chamomile for super-hydration and comes in colors like gleam, glimmer, glisten and sparkle. What the hell does this mean? Just subtles hues of pink, orange and red to give you the perfect dab of color with sun protection and high shine! My favorite is gleam, hints of both red and orange. This is a keeper and always on my must-purchase list when I run out.


Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil, $1.00


A dollar you say? Yes, one buck, one fetti, one scrilla. It is one dollar! Do I need much more justification in this purchase? I think not-- now this is a real steal. It's dark as coal (hence, the name) and goes on smoothly. Really punk it up with thick application on the top and bottom of your lashes, or keep it 'work appropriate' by thinly lining the top eyelid only. You can't really go wrong with this product. Just be sure to have a decent eye pencil sharpener so as not to ruin the tip and create a rough edge. No one likes splinters on their lids. And I don't know why, but I absolutely love Kate Moss. She may be a crackhead, but God she wears this makeup right! Gorge (as in gorgeous).

John Frieda's Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray, $6.49


Knots, chlorine, bleach, wind, sun...all villians to a girl's hair. But John Frieda is the hero and has the cure: his Root Awakening Detangling Spray. It is AH-MAZING. Infused with natural eucalyptus and peppermint, the spray leaves your hair smooth, silky and light, instead of heavy and stiff. The vitamin-enriched spray nourishes your hair and protects your locks from the heat. Use after your daily shower or at the beach after wind, sun and sand have made thier marks. And the green, eco-friendly bottle keeps me coming back again and again. Go Green!


Well...what about mascara? You will have to wait for my upcoming ultimate mascara review. Nonetheless, I hope these few beauty bargains will inspire you to make some guilt free, decent summer purchases!


Peace, love & cheerios,

2 comments:

  1. Where are your tips for guys? Just saying, I think you might double your readership and give you more to talk about... I could do a guest post to deflower the site of it's feminine hegemony... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    I was just thinking that today! A few people have mentioned the idea. I'm doing a piece on men's cologne and body wash soon. But, I am more than happy to have you deflower my female beauty page :)

    ReplyDelete